Excellent article on anger – love the very last question at the foot…
Our discomfort with anger speaks to its power. But, those who don’t get angry don’t care.
Anger is uncomfortable because it ruins lives. The term “frustration” is more comfortable. “I’m not angry,” we say, “I’m just frustrated.”
Anger is passion.
Anger is a gift.
“Sometimes, you have to get angry to get things done.” Ang Lee
The voice of anger:
- I’m not getting what I want.
- I feel powerless, stuck, or abused.
- I don’t like this.
- Something needs to change.
- That’s not right. One reason things don’t get better is we aren’t angry enough.
Anger motivates change.
Getting the Most From Anger:
Show me a leader who uses anger wisely and I’ll show you a success.
Focus and direct anger, don’t vent or suppress it.
- What behaviors need to stop? Beginnings begin with stopping. Anger provides courage to stop.
- What do I want?
- What don’t I…
View original post 145 more words